Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Refreshed

This morning I found myself completely exhausted in the midst of a very busy week of delightful surprises from my dear husband, birthday plans and parties, celebrations with family, athletic events of the children, lessons, meals, the everyday activities as mom. So with a cup of tea in hand I retreated to my sanctuary (my bedroom), and spent some time in prayer, reading, and muse over my life.

As I pondered the days before me, and the plans I have, I was reminded how my dear Lord is the Shepherd who not only guides me, but refreshes and strengthens me. He walks with me on this incredible journey of life, and holds me in His hands. He fills my cup, and He is enough.

I was also reminded of how simple this life of trust in God can be. There is no need to please, no need to strive, no need to scheme. There is only need to seek His face day by day, ONE DAY at a time. What joy and freedom this thought brings, to simply to live life hearing voice of the One who loves me to the depths of my very soul.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I do not remember how I found your site, but I do remember adding it to my favorites because I was inspired by your artist's touch.

Today I was blessed by the spiritual words you shared. Thank you.